Mila micro-sliced chia seed is a super food that is gluten-free, trans-fat free, sugar-free, and is a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber. Mila uses different varieties of the chia seed to provide a wide array of nutrients. By combining these crops, you get a nutritionally robust product.
Because of its mild flavor, Mila is a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into a variety of dishes to enhance their nutritional value. Just how nutritious is Mila?
- Gram for gram, Mila is one of the richest whole-food sources of dietary fiber and omega-3 fats (ALA).
- The fiber found in Mila is predominantly soluble fiber, a form of fiber that may be especially beneficial for promoting cardiovascular health.*
- Studies have illustrated improved cardiovascular health among those with a high intake of ALA containing foods like Mila.*
Experiment with the following tips to incorporate Mila into your recipes. Mila can be added either as a substitution to an ingredient already in the recipe, or as an addition without taking away from the flavor or consistency of the original recipe. This is a general guide. Results may vary. Be sure to test your new Mila-fortified recipe before serving to guests.
- Up to 1/3 the flour in a baking recipe
- Part of the breading or batter in breaded dishes
- All the corn starch or flour as thickeners in stews, soups, sauces, and other dishes
- Up to 1/4 the oil or egg in recipes (1 egg or ¼ cup oil = 1-2 tbsp Mila in 3 tbsp water Allow mixture to sit 15 minutes before using in recipe)
- All the flour, bread, or other meal extender/binder in hamburgers, meatloaf, meatballs or other dishes
- Add to oatmeal or cereals
- Blend into smoothies
- Stir into yogurt, pudding or beverages
- Sprinkle on salads, pastas, sautés and grilled meats
The possibilities are endless! Discover many ways to eat healthier without compromising your taste buds! Using Mila is a fun and interesting approach to enhancing a nutrient-filled meal or snack.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 scoops Mila
- 1 cup ground organic rolled oats
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl together.
- Shape into golf-ball-sized balls, place in a container and freeze.
- Take out and eat when ready for a quick, sweet snack.
With all herbs and supplements, it is important to consult a qualified health practitioner before implementing.
Do you have a recipe to share with us, using our products? Send it to email@example.com and we will share it on our blog!