Similar in shape and size to the blueberry, the acai berry, pronounced ah-sigh-EE, is believed to have many health benefits. The fruit comes from the acai palm which is native to the rainforests of Central and South America. It has a large seed inside; only the outermost layers are edible.
Acai berries contain more antioxidants than other edible berries. They also are high in fiber and heart-healthy fats. A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed the body’s ability to absorb acai berry antioxidants, rather than eliminate them. This is important because certain vitamins, like vitamin C, can only be absorbed so much at one time.1
Rich in fatty acids, sterols and phytochemicals
Acai berries are also rich in fatty acids, especially oleic, palmitic and linoleic acids. They contain 19 amino acids, as well as several sterols. Sterols occur naturally in grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds and have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties. They can slightly lower the absorption of fat-soluble compounds.2
That’s not all! Acai berries contain body-beneficial phytochemicals, which have potent antioxidant activities.2 Phytochemicals are compounds produced by plants and are found in fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, and grains.
PURE Acai Superfruit juice
PURE Acai Superfruit juice contains the whole berry, including the skin and fruit pulp. It is 100% natural, not diluted with other juices and has no added sugar. Acai has the added benefits of the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, necessary for proper structure and function of every cell in the body. Research shows they may benefit heart health and play a crucial role in brain function, growth and development.*
- Antioxidant powerhouse: Acai is considered a superfruit due to its high antioxidant levels. Antioxidants are important because they protect the body from free radicals. Antioxidants are also important in the fight against aging and are commonly used in beauty products; therefore, acai is known by some as the “beauty berry.”
- Anthocyanins: The deep purple pigment is high in anthocyanins, a powerful class of phytonutrients – the nutritious components of plants – that function as antioxidants.
- Full of good fats: Acai berries naturally provide omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9 which are essential for good health.
- Omega-3s may be beneficial for the heart.*
- Omega-6 (linoleic acid) and omega-9 (oleic acid) may help maintain blood cholesterol levels already within normal range.*
Ways to incorporate Acai Superfruit into your daily routine:
- Enjoy it plain
- Dilute it by combining it with water
- Add a splash to coffee or hot/cold tea
- Create an acai smoothie and add some Mila for protein
- Make a salad dressing
- Add it to popsicles in the summertime
- Use it to make a marinade for chicken
- Mix it with other Superfruit juices
- Mix it with plain yogurt
- Find PURE recipes using Acai at http://livepure.com/recipes.
Get your daily dose of healthy antioxidants with Acai Superfruit.
How do you like your Acai? Share with us in the comments.
2 https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/305576.php?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_ medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Medical_News_Today_TrendMD_1