Do you follow a daily routine? Perhaps you wake up at a set time every morning, eat breakfast, shower and drive to work or get the kids ready. You couldn’t imagine going about your day without some kind of schedule. Some people may be so used to their routine that they go with the flow, almost desensitized to the “how” and/or the “why”.
Then there are others who may think routines are boring, maybe unimaginative. They “wing it” day in and day out, without a schedule. Personally, this would make me stressed and overwhelmed. I would be afraid I may fall short of my goals.
In the direct selling industry, having a routine is important. It can help improve productivity and take business to the next level. When you follow a routine, you almost don’t have to think about it. Like showering, it will become … well … routine.
“I began to realize how simple life could be if one had a regular routine to follow with fixed hours and very little original thinking to do.” – Roald Dahl
Are you setting yourself up for success with a routine? Just as you take products by PURE at designated times during the day for optimal benefit, having a set schedule for business activities helps you achieve your long-term goals.
Route to routine. It’s important to schedule the activities at set times every day, otherwise you may forget to do them and are more apt to put them off. That’s when they fail to become habits.
- Block time on your calendar each day for your PURE business
- Check your email and VBO for PURE corporate updates
- Call at least three prospects every day
- Follow up with previous contacts
- Educate yourself on the products and the opportunity – benefits, advantages, etc.
- Check the events page on livepure.com and plan on attending corporate events and find meetings in your area.
- Get a family member or friend involved to keep you accountable.
- Step back every once in a while to evaluate what you’re doing. Is it working in your favor?
- Celebrate your achievements.
Benefits of routine. You will benefit, in a big way!
- Efficiency – You’ll know what to expect and what comes next.
- Structure – You’ll establish a flow and it will feel comfortable.
- Time – You will actually save time rather than run out of it because you’ll be more productive.
- Habits – You will form good ones and break bad ones.
- Proficiency – You will check off everything on your to-do list.
- Momentum – You gain speed as you go about your daily tasks.
Take a good look at your day and see where you may be falling short. Where can you implement a routine?
What does your day look like? Share your secrets to success.