We’re celebrating Shark Week at PURE! For all the fans of these incredible fish, did you know that humans have some “shark” in them?
For one, sharks have almost the exact same eyes as we do, with retinas that contain both rod and cone cells.1 Two, we both have cartilage in our bodies, a very important and necessary structural component.
Sharks are all cartilage. In fact, there is not one bone in their body. Zero! Cartilage, or connective tissue made of protein and elastin fibers, makes up their thick skin. Their muscles are attached directly to these fibers.2 This lightweight, external skeleton provides support, yet allows for flexibility so they can swim faster, evade predators and swiftly catch their prey.
In humans, cartilage provides cushioning between our bones, specifically our elbows, knees and ankles. Think of it as “shark absorbers”! Our ears and the end of our nose are made of cartilage. There is cartilage at the ends of our ribs, between the vertebrae in our spine and in our bronchial tubes. Unfortunately, it takes years to rebuild and repair cartilage, simply because it does not have its own blood supply to provide regeneration, as other tissues do.3
Add Organic Sulfur to your daily regimen to support joint health.* For exercise, swimming is one of the best low-impact forms you can do for joint health. Just don’t go swimming with the sharks, unless you’re swimming from the safety of a shark cage!
You and organic sulfur are a joint effort.
Organic Sulfur by PURE is important in collagen production.* Organic sulfur is both a mineral and an element and is naturally found in the protein of plants, animals and humans. The body cannot make sulfur on its own; therefore, it must be obtained from a variety of foods, such as fruits, vegetables and grains.
The ingredient, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), is a naturally occurring dietary form of sulfur, and is necessary for many important functions in the body. Organic Sulfur contains 99.9% of this form of sulfur.
- Is important in collagen production, the main supportive protein of tendons, cartilage, connective tissue and bone*
- Consists of 99.9% pure distilled MSM sourced in North America and has no added fillers, binders, excipients, artificial ingredients or flow agents
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan
- Available in capsules and powder form
- May improve flexibility and mobility by promoting joint function and health.*
- May help alleviate discomfort that may follow challenging exercise sessions.*
- May help promote healthy skin, hair, and nails.*
Purchase Organic Sulfur today at livepure.com.