Have you heard of the Seven Cs of Effective Writing? Be clear, coherent, concise, complete, consistent, correct and credible. As a writer, I live by this mantra because I communicate with a wide audience every day.
So why do I bring this up, and what do the Seven Cs have to do with direct selling? Well, as a writer in the direct selling industry, I believe that this same logic can be applied to business builders. In addition to having amazing leadership skills, PURE business builders can achieve success by implementing the seven Cs.
The Seven Cs of Business Building
- CLEAR – Being clear means being transparent. For anyone to have a healthy relationship, they need to be able to have others trust and confide in them. Know your ‘Why’ and make sure that what you say is consistent with that ‘Why’. If you truly want to help others, they will sense it and will follow you.
- COHERENT – Similar to “clear”, coherent means to be unified, or to create a culture of unity. The PURE family is anchored in a strong foundation. We deliver Whole Health through high-quality products, opportunity, relationships and philanthropy. Build upon that by finding and developing good people. Remember the acronym TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More.
- CONCISE – You must be concise in your messages. Communicating briefly yet comprehensively and professionally is highly important. Remember this in every text you send, phone calls you make, with every training meeting you conduct and in every conversation you have with a customer.
- COMPLETE – When we’re complete, we’re fulfilled. Fulfillment is something you can achieve with a successful PURE business. By helping others achieve their health and wellness goals, you can fulfill your own goals.
- CONSISTENT – It’s important to be consistent and persistent. To be a great leader, your followers must believe that you will not give up on them or on the goal you are working together to achieve. Schedule weekly meetings and stick to them. Consistency creates momentum and success!
- CORRECT – You hear it again and again, be a product of the product. If you don’t know your products because you aren’t using them or haven’t even tried them, you can’t share them confidently, or correctly. You certainly don’t want to share incorrect information. You don’t know have to know every answer but know where you can seek out answers. It is better to share the right answer than a quick answer that may be incorrect, which will lead to the next “C” of Credibility.
- CREDIBLE – Along with being correct, you want to be believable. People must know, like and trust you before they will do business with you. Sampling is the best way to help your prospects “try it out” and see for themselves what a product can do for them. Once they see the results, they’ll believe in you and the company. And, they’ll be a champion of your business once they see success!
So there you have it. If you can C it, you can do it!
Take these to heart and make 2019 your best year yet!