You may already be familiar with the different vitamins and minerals and what they do in the body. If not, the following is a simple guide to each of them and their benefits.
Our body creates many of these; others we need to get from food. Find out the role of each one, the foods in which they are prevalent and what products by PURE you can get them from.
- Vitamin A – Needed for strong bones, good vision and healthy skin. It helps cell reproduction, stimulates immunity and is needed for the formation of some hormones. Vitamin A is found in animal sources such as eggs, meat, cheese, liver and cod.* Daily Build is an excellent source of vitamin A, with 130% of the Daily Value.
- The B vitamins – Help convert food into energy and needed for healthy skin, hair, blood and brain. Food sources include meal, poultry, grains, milk, cheese and fish.*
GPS Energize is an excellent source of vitamin B, with 130% of the Daily Value
- Vitamin C – Helps make collagen and acts as an antioxidant. Good food sources include fruits, potatoes, broccoli, spinach and Brussels sprouts.
GPS Adapt is an excellent source of vitamin C, with 130% of the Daily Value.
- Vitamin D – Works with calcium in helping build strong bones and teeth. It can be formed by direct sunlight on the skin. Good sources of food include milk, margarine, fatty fish and fortified cereals. Mila is an excellent source of vitamin D as are CalciuMK+ and Daily Build.
- Vitamin E – Helps protect red blood cells. Good sources of food include oils, wheat germ green vegetables and nuts.
Get your daily dose of vitamin E form 360 Complete Shake, GPS Rebuild or Daily Build.
- Vitamin K – Activates proteins and calcium essential to blood clotting. Good sources of food include cabbage, liver, eggs, milk, spinach, kale and broccoli.
CalciuMK+ is an excellent source of vitamin K.
- Vitamin P – This is a flavonoid, or a byproduct of plant metabolism, so you get this when you eat plants. It enhances the use of vitamin C improving its absorption and protecting it from oxidation. Find this in fruit pulp, green peppers, broccoli and red wine.
- Calcium – Needed for bone and teeth formation. It is essential for making collagen. It is vital for healthy immune and nervous system. It also is used to synthesize fats and proteins. Vitamin D is needed to absorb calcium.* CalciuMK+ is an excellent source of calcium.
- Copper – Copper aids in the formation of red blood cells, promotes healthy tissues and helps support the immune system. Good food sources of copper include cashews, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cocoa beans and oysters. 360 Complete Shake, Daily Build and GPS Rebuild are all good sources of copper.
- Choline – Choline is needed to build DNA, exchange signals in the brain and detoxify the liver. Good food sources of choline include eggs, shitake mushrooms, chick peas, salmon, lentils and steak. GPS Energize is a good source of choline.*
- Chromium – This trace mineral may enhance the effects of insulin and lower glucose levels. 360 Complete Shake, GPS Reset, GPS Energize and GPS Rebuild are good sources of chromium.*
- Iodine – Helps set body temperature. You can get this from eating kale and seafood.
360 Complete Shake and GPS Rebuild are both good sources of iodine.*
- Iron – Helps produce blood cells. Red meat, poultry, eggs, fruits and green vegetables are all good sources of iron, as are GPS Rebuild and Mila.*
- Magnesium – Helps build bones and teeth. Green vegetables, nuts and milk are among the foods that contain magnesium. Mila is a good source of magnesium, with 55mg per serving, as are SleepTrim, GPS Energize, GPS Rebuild and 360 Complete Shake.*
- Manganese – This is essential for bone health and comes from nuts, legumes, seeds, tea, whole grains and leafy green vegetables. 360 Complete Shake and Daily Build are good sources of manganese.*
- Phosphorus – The body uses phosphorus for filtering waste and repairing tissue and cells. Mila and GPS Rebuild are excellent sources of phosphorus, with 120mg per serving.
- Potassium – Balances fluids in the body. Meat, milk, fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes contain potassium. 360 Complete Shake, GPS Rebuild, Alkaline Water Concentrate and Mila are good sources of potassium.
- Selenium – This is an important antioxidant which can be consumed from seafood and walnuts. 360 Complete Shake, Daily Build and GPS Rebuild are good sources of selenium.
- Zinc – Responsible for creating new cells. Red meat, poultry, oysters, beans, nuts contain zinc. 360 Complete Shake, Daily Build, GPS Reset, and GPS Rebuild, are good sources of zinc.*