Bermuda is a group of islands like none other — it’s where British culture blends with laid-back Caribbean beats and where pastel-colored homes, pink-sand beaches and green fairways dot the landscape. PURE is bound for this spectacular island getaway this August on the PURE Destinations 2019 Summer Cruise.
Bermuda, the main island, is only 22 miles in length and 2 miles across at its widest point, so no matter where you stand, you’ll have breathtaking views of blue for as far as the eye can see. Not just any blue, but the most beautiful turquoise blue!
The island is divided into districts, or parishes. Three major roads run from east to west: North Shore Road, Middle Road and South Road. This is the largest port on the island and where our cruise ship will dock, at King’s Wharf.
Points of Interest
Hamilton, the capital, is centrally located on the island. This is Bermuda’s financial center with a population of just over 1,000. Wave to Bermuda shorts-clad businessmen on their scooters making their way to work. Explore the town by foot and admire the brightly colored buildings. Excellent golfing and shopping opportunities abound as well as museums, art galleries and gardens. Notable things to see:
- Bermuda Aquarium – discover Bermuda’s underwater ecosystem
- Fort Hamilton – historic site with breathtaking views
- Front Street – clothing, jewelry and souvenir shopping
- Crystal Caves – discovered by boys looking for their lost cricket ball
- Queen Elizabeth Park – garden with statues and monuments
St. George is a quaint town with cobblestone streets, historic buildings and colonial architecture. This is Bermuda’s former capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is located on the east end of the island. Notable things to see:
- Tucker House Museum – a look at early Bermudian life
- St. Peter’s Church – oldest Anglican church in Western hemisphere
- Tobacco Bay beach – underwater coral reefs
- King’s Square – local gathering place
- Fort St. Catherine – dioramas and antique weapons
The Royal Naval Dockyard is a 19-century fortress located at the west end of the island, in Sandy’s Parish. This historic site was used during the War of 1812. It was a strategic base for England in the Atlantic and an active shipyard during the First and Second World Wars. It is now home to shopping, dining and entertainment. Notable things to see:
- Dolphin Quest – interactive encounter
- National Museum of Bermuda – maritime and island history
- Snorkel Park – see natural wonders of the sea
- Clocktower shopping mall – galleries and shops
- Bermuda Rum Cake Company – a traditional treat
Are you ready to check Bermuda off your bucket list? The 2019 Bermuda Cruise includes a six-day, five-night cruise sailing on August 3 aboard the Grandeur of the Seas.
Qualify by June 17, 2019 to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Learn more at livepure.com/Bermuda-cruise-2019. Here you can also read the itinerary, track your progress and share the trip with others.
Any questions? Reach out to our Sales Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-535-588.