Let’s face it, fat cells get a bad rap. If you’re trying to maintain your weight, they are the enemy. If you’re trying to put on the pounds, well, that’s a different story. Either way, we suggest you get to know more about them, so you can better understand how they work in your body.
Fat cells, also called adipose tissue, may make you cringe, but the body needs them. They store energy for when you need it later, they regulate body temperature and they release hormones that control metabolism. The important thing is to keep them in balance. You don’t want too many of them, because once you have them, they never go away!
Did you know?
- Fat cells can grow up to 1000 times their original size.1
- Fat cells are permanent. You can’t get rid of it; they can only decrease in size.2
- Once a fat cell reaches its maximum capacity, the number stays consistent. New fat cells are made as old fat cells die off.2
- During adulthood, about 8% of fat cells die every year only to be replaced by new ones.3
- As newborns grow, their fat cells increase naturally just like other cells.3
- Muscle is more dense than fat; fat is larger in volume.
- 75 percent of persons who are obese in adolescence will likely be obese in adulthood, while only 10 percent of healthy weight children will become obese later in life.4
- There are three kinds of fat cells: brown, white and subcutaneous. Brown fat helps with warmth and burns more fat; white fat stores energy and produces hormones; subcutaneous fat lives right under the skin.5
PURE has a variety of products to help you target your weight goals. 360 Complete Shake ican help you gain or lose weight. Add it to your daily food intake to increase calories. The protein, when combined with resistance exercise, can help increase muscle mass. Instead of adding calories from unhealthy sources high in sugar and void of nutritional content, 360 Complete Shake is an excellent source of high-quality protein packed with nutrients.
One more thing to note is that essential fatty acids, things your body can’t make and are available only through the foods you eat or supplements you take, are used for many functions in the body. The brain is 60% fat6 and thus needs essential fatty acids to do its job. Mila is an excellent source of fatty acids, or omega-3s.
To learn more about these products, and others, please visit livepure.com where you can find product descriptions, ingredients and recommended usage.