When I was a youngster, I used to flex my arm to show off what muscle I had. My biceps are still almost non-existent, but regardless of how big or small, our muscles are heavy lifters.
From dancing and snapping our fingers, to writing a letter, to carrying a child in our arms, our muscles have a big responsibility. They keep our hearts beating, they prevent our joints from dislocating and they even make the hair on our arms stand up when we’re cold. Now that I’m much older, I appreciate the importance of keeping my muscles strong to protect my bones as I age.
Did you know?
- There are three types of muscle in the body: smooth, cardiac and skeletal.1
- Strength training puts stress on bones which encourages bone-forming cell growth.2
- Strong core (abdominal) muscles make it easier to do most physical activities.3
- The jaw is the strongest muscle in the body.4
- The smallest muscle in your body is in your ear.5
- The largest muscle is the Gluteus Maximus, otherwise known as our buttocks. It’s responsible for the extension and rotation of the hip. 5
PURE has a variety of products to help target muscle health.
CalciuMK+ provides calcium, magnesium and vitamin K2 plus vitamins D, A, C and E and over 70 beneficial trace minerals. These work together to promote healthy muscle contractions, as well as build strong bones and teeth, support heart function and promote restful sleep.*
Organic Sulfur helps in the production of collagen which is the main supportive protein of tendons, cartilage, connective tissue and bone. Cartilage helps keep muscles and joints moving.*
GPS Rebuild and GPS Reset support muscle healing and growth after exercise; GPS Circulate delivers nutrients and oxygen to muscles before exercise and GPS Hydrate replenishes vital fluids, electrolytes and nutrients.*
Other ways to keep your muscles in great shape is to rest, stretch, get massages and drink plenty of water. You’ll feel great and your muscles will be less prone to injury.