Imagine for a second that we don’t have cartilage between our bones. Painful, right? Your bones sure wouldn’t last long from rubbing together every time you walked, bent, reached, sat, stretched, jumped, etc. The joints do a lot for our body, but it’s easy to take them for granted. We move about every day without giving them a second thought. Are you doing all you can to care for them?
Our every move is possible because of our joints; both movable and rigid. Movable joints, called synovial joints, are found in our knees, hips and shoulders. Slightly movable joints, called cartilaginous joints, are found in our spine and ribs. Rigid or immovable joints, called fibrous joints, are found in our skull. Joints lie between bones with cartilage where the bones come together, facilitating smooth movement. 1
Exercise and a healthy diet are two of the most important things you can do to keep your joints healthy. Exercising regularly helps keep the muscles around your joints strong. Children and teenagers should get 60 minutes or more of physical activity each day.2 When exercising or playing sports, wear protection to avoid joint injury. Watch what you eat. Excess weight on the body can put pressure on joints. Eating a balanced diet is key.
- Do you ever feel joint pain before a thunderstorm? Joints contain sensory nerves called “baro-receptors” that react to atmospheric changes in the barometric pressure. 3 Didn’t know you were a weatherman, did you?
- Babies are born with a cartilage plate that turns to bone and then into a kneecap somewhere between the ages of 3 and 5. 3
- Cartilage is up to 80 percent water by weight. 4
- Because cartilage is filled with negatively charged chondroitin molecules, it resists being pushed together. This gives it its incredible cushioning power!4
Stay loose and limber with products by PURE
Mila, Organic Sulfur, Daily Build and Mangosteen all help support joint health and, therefore, are an important part of your daily regimen.
- Mila contains calcium and is a good source of magnesium and phosphorous, both important nutrients for bone health. It also contains 3 grams of ALA omega-3 fatty acid which plays a crucial role in normal growth and development.* Enjoy Mila sprinkled on cereal, smoothies and ice cream. Bake and cook with this versatile ingredient!
- Organic Sulfur contains MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), a dietary form of sulfur, that helps make collagen, the supportive protein of tendons, cartilage, connective tissue and bone. So, it may help improve flexibility and mobility by promoting joint function and health.* It’s important to note that the body cannot make sulfur on its own; it must be obtained from a variety of foods or through supplementation.
- Daily Build is a comprehensive multivitamin that benefits the whole body with 23 essential vitamins and minerals, vegetable extracts, antioxidants, phytonutrients, amino acids, trace minerals, neuro-protectors, cell defenders, and a host of other body-beneficial ingredients to support immune, nervous system, cardiovascular health and more.*
- Mangosteen contains xanthones, powerful phytonutrients, that may support healthy joint function, among other things.*
Add these four products by PURE to your daily regimen today and feel the difference.
What other health goals are you targeting? Read our other blog posts on Targeted Needs.