It’s the return to school in the United States and that brings both excitement and anxiety. Speaking about college-aged students in general, there is the need to adjust to new routines and tight schedules. It can be a challenge to stay healthy through diet and exercise, maintain good mental health and keep up with the daily grind.
Nutrition is so important for growing teenagers. The body simply can’t function without the proper fuel. Also, poor habits during the college years can set the stage for future problems. Students face the stress of being away from home and living in close quarters with others. It’s easy to put on the pounds when you’re snacking at night and not eating a healthy diet.
A recent study published in the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior found that 33% of college students had high levels of “food insecurity”,1 meaning they had limited availability to healthy foods due to high costs. The study also states that food insecurity is a significant problem among respondents, affecting about one in three students.
Get ahead of the class with PURE.
We’ve chosen seven products that can greatly benefit college-aged students — GoYin On the Go, GPS Adapt, ENERGY, GPS Energize, GPS Hydrate, Immune6 and Skin Defense. Stock the dorm room with these seven products and prepare to boost energy, fight mental fatigue, and adapt better to stress, just to name a few of the benefits.*
- GoYin, PURE’s flagship product, is not only delicious, but it helps the body deal with everyday stressors. Extracts in GoYin help reduce overall physiological stress.* And, what college student doesn’t experience stress while trying to cram for tests? The stick packs are convenient, too, and are just right to throw into a backpack or purse.
- GPS Adapt helps the body do just that — adapt! Things like reishi, moomiyo and cordyceps mushrooms help the body resist and adapt to stress. Ginseng can help improve energy levels and vitamin C can support a healthy immune system.*
- ENERGY and GPS Energize both help the body create energy. Vitamins, minerals and amino acids also help keep the brain alert, sharp and focused.* GPS Energize is perfect for athletes and active individuals to consume before working out. Drop the stick packs into a backpack and pour into a water bottle when you’re in need of a boost.
- We all know how important hydration is. GPS Hydrate is an excellent product that facilitates the absorption of fluids and electrolytes faster than drinking plain water. It also contains botanicals that help minimize stress.
- Immune6 is a capsule that is designed to help build, invigorate and support the body’s natural immune response. Selenium is a key nutrient in Immune6 that helps lower oxidative stress and enhance the immune system.*
- Skin Defense, one of my favorite products, is a spray that defends the body from elements in our environment. This is a must for student’s living in close quarters with others and germs. Use this in place of hand sanitizer which contains alcohol and is drying to the skin. In addition, Skin Defense helps manage minor wounds without harming delicate cells that air in recovery.
Get a jump-start on your semester by stocking up on quality nutrition. Take advantage of these great benefits and increase your learning power. Get in the right mindset to take care of you. And, be sure to get plenty of sleep and exercise!
Listen to the full podcast here. https://soundcloud.com/livepureglobal/august-pure-product-spotlight-on-back-to-school.