Like a lot of people out there I want to make sure the food I eat is fuel and not something that is going to drag me down. At the same time, I like to eat and I want it to taste good! The struggle is real for those of us with a sweet tooth who also don’t want to feel like we are taking the walk of shame every time we leave the kitchen. This recipe for Banana Bread is exactly what we all need right now. A comfort food that makes us feel good about ourselves and not like that second helping might as well get duct taped to our thighs ‘cause thats where its going anyway.
This recipe is packed with PROTEIN, is VEGETARIAN and REFINED SUGAR-FREE. Yup… you heard me. And you may not believe me now, but is certainly doesn’t look, smell or taste like it’s good for you. But go ahead—eat that second slice. Have a “close your eyes” moment where you sit in the corner and ENJOY. You earned it!
1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
1 scoop (heaping) PURE Vanilla Bean 360 Shake
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
2 large eggs (room temperature)
3 large bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl mix together flour, 360 Shake, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat sugar and coconut oil, on medium speed, until well blended. (We recommend a bowl with a fitted paddle attachment if you have one.)
4. Add eggs in one at a time, beating well.
5. Add mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla all at once and mix until well blended.
6. Using a rubber spatula, gently add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Mix until just blended. Try not to over mix this as it will cause the bread to be rubbery and not fluffy.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips and set the batter aside to rest for 10min. This will ensure that the flour has a chance to relax and will result in a lighter texture
8. Add batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check the bread at about 40 minute by sticking a butter knife or toothpick in the center. If it comes out dry – its done! If not check every 5min for doneness.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing – ITS GONNA BE HARD – JUST DO IT!
Note: This bread is gonna get DARK. The 360 Shake, oil and the brown coconut sugar are the reason. If it feels like its getting TOO dark – cover with foil and move the bread to the 1/3 of the oven.
My kids DEVOURED this bread. Who are we kidding… I DEVOURED this bread! It was everything you’d ever want it to be. Soft, not too sweet, full of banana flavor and the dark chocolate just takes it to that “treat yo self” level. This is an awesome recipe to get the kids involved too. My little girl was all about mashing the bananas and stirring the dry ingredients together. They love to bake with me and I love showing them that eating well doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor or that sense of indulgence!
Hey guys! Before I get started on giving you all my secrets, I thought I would take the time to introduce myself! My name is Elizabeth aka BB Cooks. I am an Advertising Art Director, by day, and a wanna be chef in every other minute of spare time I have. My boyfriend, Jason, and I live in Easton PA with his son (9), daughter (7) and a precious puppy (3). Needless to say, our lives are pretty crazy! No matter how insane it is around here we always make time to sit and have dinner together. Food is where we come together and share our stories, our problems, our wins and lots and lots of laughs.
I have 2 very good friends that work at PURE corporate and once they introduced me to the products they carry I felt my brain start churning with ideas and we decided this would be a great way for me to share my love for food and my passion healthy living! Whole health is at the forefront of my cooking and I can’t wait to share how PURE products have influenced my recipes.
Follow my instagram @BB_Cooks where you can find all the recipes from this blog as well as tons more drool worthy creations from my little kitchen.