It’s time to indulge in your favorite Mexican food, treat yourself to a margarita, dance to “La Bamba” and spend time with friends.
To help you celebrate, we’ve compiled some delicious Mexican recipes, each with a PURE twist.
A Cinco de Mayo celebration is not complete without guacamole! Dip into this Greens-infused snack.
- 1 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 T. Greens
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Mash avocados in a bowl. Mix Greens, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice and into avocado and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
Cinco-Star GoYin Margarita
A little indulgence is OK, especially when GoYin is involved!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 fl. oz. tequila
- 2 fl. oz. triple sec
- 1-2 fl. oz. GoYin
Directions: Fill blender with crushed ice. Pour in limeade concentrate, tequila, triple sec and GoYin. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Cha-Cha-Mila Tortilla Bake
Mila® chia provides a boost of beneficial fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, and improves the wholesomeness of this dish.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder (may add more, if desired)
- 2 16-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 16-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 scoops Mila
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 package rice or corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey is no longer pink. Drain.
- Combine turkey with remaining ingredients, except for tortillas.
- Grease 9×13 baking dish and line bottom with tortilla strips.
- Top tortilla strips with half mixture, spreading evenly.
- Repeat layer, alternating between tortilla strips and mixture.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with salsa, if desired
Put on a sombrero, hire a mariachi, grab some maracas and enjoy the festivities and the food!