We’re counting down the days until the 2019 Maui “Diamond” Experience on July 11-17 and we want to make sure you’re prepared.
Below is the day-by-day itinerary to help you start planning and packing for this trip-of-a-lifetime. Along with the many beautiful sights you’ll see, we’ve left plenty of room for resting, relaxing and enjoying activities that are uniquely you.
Thursday, July 11
- Transfer from Kahului Airport (OGG) to the Grand Wailea
- Check in at the Grand Wailea
- 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Welcome to Maui Reception! Grand Dining Room
– Heavy appetizers, cocktails and desserts
Friday, July 12
- Day at Leisure
- 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Black Diamond and above dinner (Invitation only)
– Chapel Overlook
Saturday, July 13
- Day at Leisure
- 4:15 p.m. Depart for a sunset Dinner Cruise
– Set sail making memories that will last a lifetime. Experience an iconic Maui sunset, enjoy great company and savor in the local cuisine and drink.
Sunday, July 14
- 9:00 a.m. Depart for Lahaina
– Experience local shops, beaches and more – all at your own pace!
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Come-and-go lunch at the Dirty Monkey
- 3:00 p.m. Meet at the Dirty Monkey to depart Lahaina and return to Grand Wailea
Monday, July 15 – Day at Leisure
Tuesday, July 16
- Day at Leisure
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Farewell Luau Dinner at the Chapel Lawn
– Enjoy a traditional Hawaiian Luau – roasted pig, fire dancers, hula dancing and photo ops.
Wednesday, July 17
- 12:00 p.m. Check out of the Grand Wailea
- Transfer to Kahului Airport (OGG) from the Grand Wailea
– Transfer times vary based on departure flight times
As you pack for this exciting weekend, take the following helpful tips into consideration.
You’re likely to spend most of your time out in the sun or in the water. You don’t need much, so pack items you can mix and match with swimwear. Women might consider bringing a sun hat, maxi dress, kaftan, sandals and a tote bag. Men might consider bringing a wide-brimmed hat, quick-drying, short-sleeves shirts, light jacket, shorts, comfortable walking shoes and lightweight long pants. Don’t for your sunglasses, lip balm and sunscreen, too.
An additional perk! Everyone will receive a $500 room credit (yes, everyone in your room gets this!) that can be used towards restaurants or spa/resort activities, such as the options below:
Due to peak travel we recommend that you take a few moments to book any additional activities, such as a spa treatment, dinner reservations at the Grand Wailea, tee time, or an additional excursion.
- Check out the spa menu at the Grand Wailea:(https://www.grandwailea.com/experience/spa/). Book online appointments (https://www.secure-booker.com/gwr/MakeAppointment/Search.aspx).
- Check out additional resort activities: (https://www.grandwailea.com/experience/resort-activities/).
- Check out dining options at the Grand Wailea: (https://www.grandwailea.com/dine/).
Are you a golfer looking for a tee time? Wailea Blue Golf Course (https://www.waileagolf.com/) is within walking distance of the Wailea Hotel. Tee times can be booked 45 days in advance. Additional activities across the island can be found here: https://www.grandwailea.com/experience/maui-adventures/
Are your kids coming to Maui? If so, we can’t wait to meet them! If you would like a night to yourself, take advantage of the Nanny Connection services through the Grand Wailea. Call (808) 667-5777 or (808) 875-4777 for more details.
Get ready to kick back and enjoy the magic of Maui. If you have any questions about your trip, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.